Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Experience With... Riding the Fury 325.




<iframe width="635" height="500" src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/2E2eJC/nbcNewsOffsite?guid=nn_tib_fury_coaster_150325" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Take a Ride on the Fury 325, the World's Tallest Giga-Coaster


The 6,600 foot long adrenaline rush at Carowinds Amusement Park rises 325 feet in the sky and reaches speeds up to 95 miles per hour.

Yup. I rode it. Totally rode it. Three times. Since seeing it first from that Lester Holt report on it (which should show up above -- if it doesn't, oh well), I debated whether I should risk my brain or life on the world's tallest coaster. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE roller coasters. I must have ridden the Intimidator over 40 or 50 times within the past four years, most of those times in the front seats! Anyway, I went to Carowinds with my family and friends, and the first ride I got on was the Fury. I was determined to go on it. Unfortunately, (and this is the one major bummer), I couldn't request to go on the front row. So, no. I have not statistically gone on enough times to get into the front row. I'll update you on that when I do.
For the most part, it was a pretty mild ride! The most intense part was going up / coming down the first time. First of all, it took FOREVER to get to the top. I was dying with anticipation. When I looked over the top (I was closer to the front), I knew there was definitely no going back. I held on to my seat security -- basically a sturdy plastic triangle holding in your core -- for dear life. I couldn't even scream until I was nearly level! What a rush! The rest of the ride was moderately comparable to the Intimidator, but more stretched out. This ride was definitely engineered more for speed than for G-force thrills. Then again, I suppose that's what the Cobra's for, provided you don't pass out on the ride. Yes, my friend told me that I actually passed out the second time I was on the Cobra. I gotta be careful on that thing... I always feel like I'm in a VCR! Anyway, Fury : Intimidator as Driving 70 mph on a highway with few curves : Driving 50 mph on a winding, more rural-esque road.
So, if you're not terribly affected by vertigo or motion sickness, by all means, go for the Fury.

...And watch out when you step out of the ride. It's like trying to get your land legs back after experiencing the 70s.

:)

What was your favorite roller coaster ride? What was your worst amusement park experience? Do you not like amusement parks? Why or Why not? (Okay, sounding like a 3rd Grade EOG question...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...