Friday, February 10, 2017

My Experience With... Homestar Runner


Everyone loves the Homestar Runner. (Or despises him, there's not much of an in-between.) He's a terrific athlete!

Alright, the day's finally come where I get to spill out my guts about my absolute favorite cartoon / internet cartoon of all time. How did this start? you may wonder.

Oddly enough, I wasn't much of an internet buff back when this came out. I was just a kid, and the only times I went online were either to do research, or spend up to 30 minutes or an hour (unless Mom or Dad needed to make a phone call) to play on Barbie.com or any of the affiliates. You know, back when it was cool.

Okay, seriously I got a pure RUSH of nostalgic feels
just looking up the archive to provide you with
this link. You're welcome. Ahh, such memories.
Remember when the internet was the internet?

So, anyway, I didn't quite get the full effect of how cool Homestar Runner was, plus, I don't think that it would've been my cup of tea at the time. No matter. I did eventually get on the train in my freshman year of college.

My friends set up a movie night to watch Minority Report (short MXW: it grossed me out and I didn't finish it. The end.), and the first thing I saw was a Teen Girl Squad. Don't ask, I don't remember which one it was. I inquired about it, and they thusly informed me of Homestar Runner, and had me watch A Jorb Well Done.


This is for those of you who, for 
some reason, cannot access Flash.

Well. I was in stitches. They had me at the word "JEEOOORGHHHBBB!!!!!" (Trust me, that's the correct spelling.) I was hooked. After figuring out where to access this wonderfulness of comedy, I was completely hooked. It actually became like a podcast to me. I could probably tell you every line of every Strong Bad Email and still have virtually no clue as to what happened for many of the episodes.

Time went on, and I became more and more hooked, until that little hiatus happened... Yeah. I was still checking the website and the wiki like cray cray for Sbemail 206. Finally, I just stopped. Years later, I found something very interesting.

I had taken an interest in learning about photography, and I found myself on this page...


My inner dialogue:

Hey, [chuckles] that kinda looks like Strong Bad as though he were... Powered by the Cheat???

Wait a minute... [reads article]

No way. NO. WAY. [checks wiki]

My outer dialogue:


YES! Homestar Runner was back, and Whil Wheaton was all over it when it posted to YouTube. I also found out that one of my favorite YouTubers was a H*R fan. It truly was a joyous moment, not just for the fans, but for fans who found out people they corresponded with were fans.


Just last year, Homestar Runner and the gang turned 20 years old (as of the original book), and the world rejoiced as two concerts were held, and a 20th Anniversary Toon was made at the end of 2016, thereby bringing a bit of joy and hope to the end of a LONG, STRESSFUL YEAR.


Personally, I'm looking forward to more Homestar Runner stuff from the Brothers Chaps, For those of you who still need a little intro about their universe, here's the link: http://www.homestarrunner.com/firsttime.html

I've even made my own "design" for a 20th Anniversary T-shirt... AND sent it to the Brother's Chaps for their appreciation!




They have yet to respond. Oh well.

What's your favorite old school website?











Oh, and for those who will appreciate it, you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...