Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Experience With... Infusium 23 (Old School)

Last time I wrote to you, I wrote about Wen® Hair Care Sweet Almond Mint, and how it pretty much jacked up my tresses.

Sorry, just speaking the truth here. My edges are still in slow-growth mode.

Anyway, my mother and I tried so many things in desperation to revive my hair. Finally, my mother recalled Infusium 23, a product she used in the 80s.




Yes. This exact bottle.

At first I was leery because it LOOKED like it was from 1983. Never judge a book by it's cover. Words cannot express how my hair felt after ONE use!

Because of the damage, I had to get my hair texturized and set STRAIGHT. Don't get me wrong, I do wear my hair straight from time to time for a change of pace, and I don't mind how it looks straight (even though I prefer it curly), but...

I.

HATE.

THE HARSH CHEMICALS.

Plus, I can't stand having it permed straight, because a) when the new growth comes in, it comes in curly, which means b) I gotta perm it back curly, anyway.

I know what some of you are thinking. Suck it up. It's part of being a Black woman. Yeah, well so is a flat iron. And it gives temporary styling results. And it STILL loosens my hair a bit! Also, have you been living under a rock? There are natural alternatives to get similar, if not identical hairstyles.

Anyways, rant aside, Infusium 23 definitely helped with heat protection, and it works great after a good moisturizing conditioner.

The Infusium 23 Bottle is long gone, but one of those old school bottles will last you MONTHS. Just make sure it's not rank or rachet, and you're set to style.


But that's just on my hair. How about you? What type of hair do you have? Have you used Old-School (OS) or New-School (NS) Infusium 23?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...