Friday, July 8, 2016

My Experience With… the March Madness Bracket (VIDEO INCLUDED!)

Sports can be rather enjoyable. For some of us, the entire season to the exact detail has to be personally witnessed. For others, we enjoy the final rounds, kinda like the finalists in American Idol.

For the rest of us, we can be rather apathetic about it, even down to not even wanting to play sports.
I’ve played sports in high school, and I can get into pretty much any of the major sports (basketball, baseball, and football), and I still enjoy playing light sports with friends to this day. I have, once gone off the deep end though, and may have gotten too caught up in it. No worries, I made it out the other side. I’m talking about the March Madness Bracket of 2015.

The first time I’d even heard of March Madness would have to be in high school. My old small school (which is sadly no more), was HUGE when it came to basketball. By my last year there, we had a JV Boys, Varsity Boys and Girls, and JV and Varsity Cheerleaders. People would turn out to pack the house, and the parents of students in this conservative Baptist school would get ROWDY. Well, pretty rowdy, considering it was a conservative Baptist school, anyway. I think the Vault went to some of their heads…

Anyway, one of my teachers (who, incidentally, was also my team’s coach), was going over his bracket in homeroom. I looked at this confusing hierarchical graph and wondered why in the world the opportunity to guess an entire basketball competition that starts with a ton of teams would be presented in a regular newspaper.

I still don’t completely get sports to this day.
Kinda makes my dad laugh and cry
at the same time.

  

Well, years later, I decided to participate in this true madness when… well, I think you’d just better watch this old video I did a couple of months ago.



So, that’s the story, pretty much in a nutshell. This post may have been a bit of a cop-out, and quite a bit of shameless self-promotion, but hey, it’s a life experience, and I’m willing to write about it.

Take care!



What’s the nuttiest thing you’ve ever done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...