Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Experience With... KaboomTM Foam-TasticTM (Fresh Scent) Powered by OxiCleanTM




One thing I definitely do enjoy is a nice, clean house. I'm not the best at doing that, but I'd like to think that I am getting better. I actually do like cleaning my bathroom, though. Not saying I'd like cleaning anybody else's bathroom, mind you.

Anyway, I first heard of it through the good ol' fashioned commercial that seems almost unrealistic. I mean, c'mon, even the commercial says this is elapsed time!





I'd also heard of OxiCleanTM, and its amazing wonders. I'm not sure how it is as a product alone, but I definitely want to give this line a shot; this should give you a hint as to how well this went down.

I purchased it at a Food Lion, for about $3-$4. I do not remember the exact price. That night, I was way too tired to clean my bathroom, so I just did a couple of test spots.

Some caveats: 1) When they said this stuff has a fresh scent... IT HAS A FRESH SCENT. Please... please... be sure to have a well-ventilated area, as this albeit good-smelling fresh scent will clean out your olfactory senses for a good half hour. 2) When you spray this stuff, a bunch of it will clump right below the nozzle, but a good shake will get it off in a pinch. 3) You should probably wear gloves during this process... my hands are alright (for now), but I didn't have my head on straight, and it probably wasn't the smartest thing to use it bare-handed. 4) DO NOT APPLY THIS TO A WET SURFACE. I'll explain why in a moment.

The first thing I did, as I said, was spray a couple of test spots. Bam. I had a couple of blue spots on my tub. I looked down at the clumping cleanser, then looked up and... where on earth did the blue go? That stuff turned white so quickly it was scary! My tub isn't disgusting, but it wasn't sparkling, either! I wiped the white spots gently with a wet sponge, and poured some water on it. It was... decent. I was moderately satisficed. I have one of those bathtubs that looks like someone slapped it on top of whatever was originally there (hey, the house came with that, and I am NOT about to explore under there), so some of it was smooth, and some of it was textured. The smooth part came out pretty well, but the texture still had some dirt. I dismissed it as “I-was-too-tired-therefore-I-could-not-make-the-best-judgement.” Glad I did, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this blog post!

After work the next day, I decided to get into my “dirty work” clothes and tackle that bathroom. I cleaned the commode (I'll tell you about the product I used there another time.), then sprayed down the shower with the KaboomTM stuff. I know I sprayed a ton of stuff, because my nose started to scream at me – or at least proverbially so. I wanted to have my entire bathtub covered in blue, but it kept turning white so quickly I couldn't keep up! Not to mention, it looked as though someone MS Painted the whole thing with a large spray-paint feature! It was the most ridiculous spectacle of chase since “Kill Bad Graphics Ghost”!

… That is, if you don't hold the “TAB” key. Cheaters. ;-)



But I digress. In any case, I did do an attempt at making a Scottish flag with spray and good timing. It was very awkward.

I left it alone for a few minutes (mainly to regroup my sinuses), then wiped as much as I could down. I realized that I could see previously cleaned spots at that time, so I figured then that the stuff was definitely working. After wiping, I gave my bathtub... a shower. No, really, I hosed the thing down with my shower head. It turned out so nicely, even the textured part was noticeably cleaner! The spray also made it extremely easy to wipe off soap and hair product gunk, etc., off of the tub! The only thing left was a faint ring, but I think a few more, longer-setting uses will take care of that, easily.

The reason I say do not apply to a wet surface is this: OxiCleanTM works with... Oxygen... right? I think the oxygen is what causes the stuff to turn from blue to white. If you apply it to a wet surface, you're applying it to a lot of oxygen.

Next, I took care of the sink – er – basin. Whatever. It turned out even better than the tub! (It's very smooth.) Considering all the junk I do to groom myself there, I couldn't even recognize my own basin! It looked NEW! NEW, I TELL YA!!!! And yes, the strong fresh scent did fade into a gentle breeze after awhile. I went out, then came back in, and my bathroom was SPARKLING. I could not believe it.

My apologies to the KaboomTM people for referring to it as “the stuff” a lot in the blog... you guys have an AMAZING product in your inventory... you just have a long name, and I'm too lazy to type out the entire thing over and over in my blog!

Was I impressed or satisfied? There are no words to describe my exuberance about this stuff. Would I recommend this? Oh yeah, you bet your sweet bippy... whatever that is.

It's become my new favorite cleanser (I even wanted to try the cleaning eraser, but I didn't have anything left to clean! Maybe the floor...?), I don't need that hard-to-clean powder anymore – effective as that is – and I will forever have room in my budget for it.

How about you? What's YOUR favorite bathroom cleanser?


P.S.: The website is kaboomkaboom.com. Is that the coolest domain name or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...