Friday, September 18, 2015

My Experience with... Settlers of Catan



If you think earning points in soccer is nearly impossible, try earning points in the Settlers of Catan!

^_^

No, seriously, it's a game of challenge, skill, and having knowledge of where to put all of the land resources and town houses.

Let me start over. I played this over at a friend's house after a pool party. The original game set can have four players (or teams), but there is an expansion pack for up to 2 additional players (or teams). You set a border that contains docks, then set up the inside, which contains hexagonal puzzle pieces which contain scenes that contain one of the following elements: wool, wood, brick, and straw. There's also a "desert" hexagon that initially houses a knight, which can be used to rob people's elements. You trade in elements for special cards, which could contain points, or trade it in for houses, roads and other buildings. Different structures range from 0-2 points each. The goal is to win by earning 10 points total. I failed miserably at this game, but am willing to try again, now that I know how to strategize. It's a little bit of placement, a little bit of statistics, and a whole lotta luck (figure of speech, I myself do not believe in "luck").

Overall, it's a fun strategic game, and I encourage you to try it.

What's your favorite game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...