Thursday, August 27, 2015

My Experience with... Courageous

Wrote this one Friday, technically. Life keeps getting me behind. Good thing, however, that I discovered auto-schedule.

***Disclaimer... if you don't know by now, betta axe sum-bodday!***


<<Courageous DVD>>


Okay, I've been waiting all week for this one! Anybody will tell you that this is my all-time favorite Kendrick Brothers' movie, and probably my all-time favorite movie!

This movie follows not one but FIVE protagonists... and was filmed by not one but TWO cameras! Lol. Honestly, though, multiple cameras definitely help with film production.

It starts off with the ideal father figure, Nathan Hayes. He does something that many people do without thinking: he left the car vulnerable and unattended at the gas station for about 2 seconds. A thug (and the main antagonist) named T.J. jacks the car, ending up in a high-intensity chase ending in a crash into a tree. The truck's fine, but more importantly, Nathan's baby son is unharmed in the back seat.

The police arrive, and it turns out that they are Nathan's future co-workers. Two of them, Adam and Shane, discuss whether they would have held on to the wheel of the car as Nathan did.

This is jut the first part of several story arcs. Let me break it down for you:
- Adam: a man who, after a tragedy, decides he needs to be a better father to his teenage son.
- Nathan: as I said, the ideal father figure, goes the extra mile to protect his teenage daughter, while dealing with issues with his own father.
- Shane: a divorced dad who tries to keep himself happy
- Javier: a man who tries to provide for his poor family
- David: a man struggling with the concepts of being a dad

I would completely recommend this to any families, any friends, and especially males who wish to become fathers.

Okay, a few spoilers. You gotta watch this scene.




And now, the one-minute version of Courageous.





Thanks for reading up on this series! If you need catching up, here are my blog posts for FlywheelFacing the Giants, and Fireproof!


What's your favorite film? What's the best time you've had with your dad?


Hasta la vista!


Psst: Bonus! If you've read the Fireproof post, you will notice that I had a Say MovieNight Kevin video up. Now, a bunch of us viewers have requested that he review Courageous. He hasn't, mostly because it's such a good movie, and there doesn't seem like a lot of things that can be nitpicked apart. However, I think he should be bugged and overloaded with comments saying that he should review it regardless of the quality (or if I were Oprah, irregardless, etc. etc.). I want you to a) tell your friends about this blog, I'd love it if more people read it, and b) go to Kevin McCreary's social media pages and comment the mess out of them, saying you want a Courageous review. Lol.

Again, he did not put me up to this, I'm just a cray-cray lay-day.

P's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...