Friday, August 26, 2016

My Experience With… Max.


My cousins came over to visit recently, and one of them brought a few movies (I have some myself, just didn’t have the wherewithal to organize them) to watch. One was Deadpool, one was Ride Along, one was Jurassic World, and one was Max. Well, I’m not much of a “superhero movie” fan, a “dinosaur sci-fi flick” fan, or an “action-packed-buddy-travel movie” fan, but I love dogs, so the choice was clear. 

First thing I recognized was the fact that THE DOG WAS SO CUTE! My first dogs were German Shepherds, and they were beautiful, despite how ill-behaved they were.

It starts off with a man in the Marines who owns a dog named Max, a dog that is specially trained to sniff out enemy combat and weaponry. However, the owner, Kyle, gets killed in combat, leaving poor Max distraught, as well as his parents and brother. Meanwhile, Justin, Kyle’s teenage brother, sells pirated video games behind his family’s back, while working in his dad’s business for the summer. PTSD-Max becomes responsive only to Justin, possibly due to the family resemblance, so the family adopts him as a pet.

This starts a chain reaction of events that bring the remainder of the family closer together, reveal some back-alley businesses, and the true events of what happened at Kyle’s death.

This movie was pretty good, as it was a film dedicated to military dogs and their masters, both living and dead. This wasn’t quite a kiddy plot, either, which was awesome. I would give it 4.5/5 paws. ☺

If you happen to come across it, give it a view, why don’t you?



What’s your favorite dog breed?


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...