Friday, August 12, 2016

My Experience With… Teddy Paint.

I feel like continuing on this “old computer game nostalgia” kick, so I think I’ll go back to where it probably all began... at least to the extent of my memory.

(I’m not sure how many people would even remember this.)
(Welp, here I go.)

This is Teddy Paint.

Well, this is awkward. Normally, I’d have a picture
or video of some sort that best shows the
item in question. However, this may go
way beyond the internet’s capability of
remembering. So, here’s an arbitrary
(not random) clip-art of a
floppy disk, instead.



This was an OLD game my mother got me when I was little, and one of the first games I’d ever played on a computer, again based on memory. I hardly even remember it, but I do know it was an activity / educational game. It was a huge floppy disk that could be installed into one of those old computers (think of the original QWERTY from VeggieTales), and could be loaded via MS DOS (‘80s and ‘90s kiddies who’ve used this represent in the comments below!).

Grr... I’m trying my darndest to remember this (pardon my choice of words), but most everything is totally fuzzy. Seriously, I wasn’t even of school age when I first played this, so give me a chance to try to explain, and you use the best of your imagination, ‘K?

‘K.

The box art was cute. An otherwise plain, white box containing the title of the game, plus a teddy bear dressed as a painter, dripping with paint practically everywhere.

You start the game, and... Well... It’s basically mini-games. My favorite was the actual “Teddy Paint” part of the game, where you could paint, draw, and stamp in freestyle. I remember Mom had to put a limit on how many times I could play it due to the fact that I would play that instead of the more educational mini-games. I guess I did okay with them. Like I said, memory’s fuzzy. I know one of them had to do with basic addition, one may have had words, maybe colours... Things took place at school or home or bedtime...

You know what? I think I’m gonna leave it here. I’ve been looking on Google like crazy and it’s driving me mad. The post in short: I loved this game. I wish I could play it again at least once, to see what was so nostalgic about it. So it was a game on an actually floppy disk. So what? I wouldn’t mind having my future children try out that game.

If anybody knows ANYTHING about this game, please let me know. I’d like to figure out what happened to part of my childhood.

Thank you.



What’s your favorite lost memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...