Friday, September 8, 2017

My Experience With.... Alice in Wonderland (Part 2) -- The Novels

If you haven't already, be sure to read these posts. If you have, and you want to re-read them, I don't blame you. ^_^

Alice Series:


Since I've written about the wonderfully surreal 1988 VHS version of the classic story, I may as well tell you about the actual novels!

Trust me, it's not gonna be that long, mainly because everyone knows the story already.

I'm pretty sure I was a teenager when I actually sat down and read the novels. I'd heard of Alice in Wonderland via the 1988 version and the old Disney version, and I heard of the somewhat-sequel from Between the Lions, but I finally got the time to read it for myself. My overall thoughts:


I dunno! I really don't know.

It's okay, I suppose. It sure seemed to reek of insane charm, but maybe it was somewhat lost due to its visual re-tellings.

However, the books are amazing, and you definitely should read them, because books are much better than movies 9.99/10 of the time. Alice trying to figure out capitols was especially hilarious. Maybe Wacko should've taught her.

By the way, I hope you liked the Yakko gif I worked on.

To be fair and honest, I personally prefer Through the Looking-Glass to Alice in Wonderland. This seems to capture more of what a wonderland fever dream / daydream would be. Not to mention, it contains Jabberwocky, which I remember memorizing in 6th grade.

That's it!

Check out my YouTube Page. I put up a video rather recently. ^_^

What sequel did you like better than an original of something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...