Friday, July 28, 2017

My Experience With... Infusium 23 (New School)

If you remember waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, back, you'll remember that one of my first posts (in fact my first real post), I wrote about Wen® Hair Care Sweet Almond Mint. It messed my hair up, and then I tried (and wrote about) old school Infusium, and how it rescued my hair.

Since then, my hair grew back... and then I tried washing my hair with African Black Soap and Castile Soap. My hair got messed up again. Apparently, they weren't kidding when they said that stuff was highly concentrated.

Never experiment with multiple products simultaneously, by the way.

Once again, it was back to the old drawing board. Infusium 23 came back up. Only this time, we got it from Wal-Mart.



Yes. This exact bottle. I think. Its shape was the same.

Once again, after texturizing (gosh, I don't like that stuff, even though it does work on my hair), we used this stuff. At first I was leery because it wasn't the 80s version, and usually when a hair product changes its looks, it changes its ingredients so that a perfect product no longer works (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SUAVE AND CREME OF NATURE!).

Believe it or not, this product saved my hair again. My hair felt soft, manageable, and styleable! I used it for a while, until it just stopped working in my hair. The thing with Infusium 23, for me anyway, is that it works as damage control for the hair. Strange how that works. I still have a little bit of this stuff on hand, my hair's juuuust past my shoulders, and all is right with the world. And I've stopped experimenting with products. That might've been the biggest factor in my hair health, along with the fact that I stopped shampooing so frequently.

What's your favorite / least favorite thing about your hair? What's your craziest hairstyle?

Plugging time! YouTubePage

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...