Friday, August 11, 2017

My Experience With... Doc

I have mentioned before that ALF helped me in my TV transition from more juvenile shows to more mature programming. Since I only saw a few episodes in my early youth, I obviously needed a lot more help.

Enter PAX TV!


Welcome to the PAX Mini-Series.

PAX (which became Independent, then Ion television), was a then-small station which featured family-friendly programming, small game shows, and Christian/faith-themed shows -- plus a ton of infomercials -- back in the late 90s and early 00s. Shows like It's A Miracle, Touched by an Angel, Diagnosis Murder, The Weakest Link, and Shop 'Til You Drop were some of the shows that were aired on the station, and that's only to name a few. I did watch quite a bit of their shows, but for this miniseries, I'll introduce you to two of my favorite dramas and one game show.

Part 1: Doc.



The show was the BOMB back in the day! I remember spending Sunday nights from 8-10 watching this show and another show (that I shall feature this week). Doc lasted from 2001 to 2004, and centered on a country doctor named Clint Cassidy who moved from Montana to New York. He's charming, warm, loving, a winner among patients... and HE WAS SMOKING HOT!!!! Keep in mind, these were the days before I started watching Hannah Montana, so I didn't think of him as Miley's daddy.

HE WAS JUST SO SMOKING HOT.

His trials and triumphs are usually found among his friends and colleagues, most of them at Westbury Clinic. Nancy, the gorgeous blonde nurse who pretty much everyone shipped with Clint; Derek, a loveable doctor with a heart of gold and a miracle baby (I'm not putting out anything else here, you've gotta watch the show); Oliver, the doctor who despises Clint for whatever reason; Donna, the boss who is definitely a type-A personality, which makes her so much funnier when she cuts loose for one reason or another; Tippy, a perky rich divorcee who's every bit as ditsy as you could think of; Nate and Beverly, a cop and his wife; and Raul, their adopted son.

This was my favorite show for a long, long time. With a Christian theme throughout, I knew I was getting a great moral along with an awesome drama / comedy. It was kind of funny how real some of the scenarios felt to me; I almost prayed for some of the "patients" sometimes!

I was kind of sad when the series itself ended, but I thought it was a nice, satisfying ending.

Years passed, until this past July. My mother informed me that they were airing reruns on getTV.

Yup. You guessed it!


It all came flooding back to me! My childhood, the music, the Sunday nights, my initial attraction to Doc Cassidy, the letters at the end of the show, the diary entries that spawned from this... the only thing I could say is that the cinematography wasn't as brilliant as I remembered it. I didn't care. I still watch it to this day. ^_^ If you can catch it, you should totally watch it. It's a rather cute, uplifting show that's worth the time.

Plugging time! YouTube Page

What do you wish could be brought back from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With... Going to a Salon (Natural Hair Journey part 2)

Over 5 years ago, I decided to start a blog when I had a terrible situation regarding Wen hair products. It isn't my first hair horror ...